A Fun Thanksgiving Break

a thanksgiving collage illustration of Emory's campus in the fall

Dear Emory Community,

Last week, I—along with Provost Ravi Bellamkonda—spent time in the student center to take some holiday photos. With a snowy backdrop, some funky holiday sweaters, sunglasses, and ornaments, we took pictures with Emory students and our dear friend Swoop. If the photos turn out okay, we will use them for our holiday card later this year.

Emory Provost Ravi Bellamkonda takes a selfie portrait with Emory's mascot Swoop and President Gregory L. Fenves
Why am I rambling on about this?

Because it was fun! And it reminds me of just how much each one of you deserves this Thanksgiving break.

I know how hard you’ve been working. The focus that I’ve seen this semester from students, faculty, and staff is off the charts. You have accomplished so much already and now, as you head into the home stretch of the semester, you need this break so you can have your own fun and relax with friends and family.

Whatever your Thanksgiving tradition is, this is a joyful time of year. The seasons are changing. There’s a chill in the air (still getting used to that!). Somehow food even tastes better. All of this is to say—enjoy your holiday!

I’m proud of what you’ve accomplished so far this fall.

Sincerely,

Gregory L. Fenves
President